DESIGN AND GAPS
Mitigation Strategies and Counter-Measures
Based on the systematic analysis of thermal hotspots, a catalogue of mitigation strategies and counter-measures will be developed. The catalogue will include: (i) a taxonomy of mitigation strategies and counter-measures and (ii) the evaluation of the effectiveness of each mitigation strategy and counter-measure within the context of the previously identified thermal hotspots. Systematic analysis of thermal hotspots and systematic evaluation of mitigation strategies and counter-measures will help to identify knowledge and technology gaps requiring additional research and development activities. Furthermore, catalogue items will be evaluated with respect to their suitability for retrofitting existing infrastructure or development of new projects.
- Systematic investigation of mitigation strategies to derive a catalogue / taxonomy of counter-measures along categories such as building-related (relevant for BCA), traffic-related (relevant for LTA), vegetation-related (relevant for NParks) and water body-related counter-measures.
- Define possible models and tools for impact estimation of mitigation strategies and counter-measures to thermal hotspots.
- Identification of shortcomings in existing tools and technologies and guide the direction of future research efforts.
- Catalogue of mitigation strategies and counter-measures
- Assessment report of mitigation strategies
- List of models and tools for mitigation strategies assessment
- List of identified knowledge and technology gaps